1. The charter prohibits grants to individuals and limits the grants
to projects within the 50 U.S. States.
2. No grants can be made to projects to influence legislation or
3. Not to make grants solely for conferences, seminars, workshops,
travel or exhibits.
4. Applications and inquiries must be made by persons authorized by
the organization, and should be endorsed by the administration head
of the organization.
5. An informal report to be made by grantees, within 6 months, on
how the funds were expended. A final report to be made by grantees,
within 12 months, on how the funds were actually expended.
6. Meeting with applicants may be arranged only if it serves a useful
7. Not to favor Trustee membership in organizations to which grants
8. Grants will not be awarded in successive years unless originated
with a multi-year objective.